We are thrilled to announce our CEO, Jim Bob McAllister, as a Finalist for the Birmingham Business Journal’s 2023 CEO Awards.
In 2007, Jim Bob, alongside VP Jarick Rager, founded KEYSYS as a custom software development company with a commitment to balancing coworker morale and client success.
- Cultivating a Positive Culture: KEYSYS is a multiyear recipient of the BBJ’s Birmingham’s Best Places to Work.
- Growth & Recognition: KEYSYS has become the 3rd Largest Software Company in 2023 and has been recognized as one of Birmingham’s Fastest Growing Companies.
- Educational Impact: Collaborating with a Huntsville-based client, KEYSYS developed an application awarded “Best Freebies for STEM Curriculum Integration” by Educators Pick Best of STEM 2023.
- Local Workforce: The majority of KEYSYS coworkers are local to Birmingham and actively support and engage with the community.
His leadership extends beyond business success
to the well-being and growth of KEYSYS coworkers.
- Financial Support: KEYSYS pays 100% of coworker health & dental premiums for all families & has provided 401k match throughout the entire 16-year history.
- Professional Development: JB initiated an internal program called KEYSYS One to create an environment where all coworkers are able to grow and learn together. Both technical and non-technical book clubs, mentoring programs, tech talks, team building events, and monthly lunches occur on a weekly basis to help KEYSYS grow.
- Quarterly Town Hall Meetings: JB strives for transparent communication with the company and provides detailed financial updates to keep the entire team informed on the company’s performance.
- Step Up When We Mess Up: JB leads by example and admits when decisions may not have been the best for the company or clients. We pride ourselves on making every client into a Raving Fan of KEYSYS.
Jim Bob’s commitment extends beyond the business side to various community organizations, where he actively contributes as a board member.
- 1st & Ten Club of Alabama
- UAB IS Advisory Board
- STREAM Innovations Advisory Board
- Truth at Work Advisory Board
- STEPS Ministries Advisory Board
Jim Bob isn’t just a CEO, he is a leader working alongside our team. His authenticity, transparency, humility, and leadership make him a standout nominee for the BBJ’s 2023 CEO Awards.